Monday, December 18, 2023

 


A balmy December in Savannah, Georgia with wicker, shutters and palms. Morning light gives a fresh, hopeful perspective on life. And pastel colors have a soothing balm. A warm thank you to Elsie and Keith for generously sharing this perfect loveseat. 

Several projects came together beautifully here, The wooden shutters were being tossed out by a neighbor. They were loaded with many layers of old, hard paint. I surprised myself how determined I was to scrape them properly and then paint them with oil base paint. My friend hung them cleverly from the beam. 

When I "inherited" the loveseat, it was stained dark brown, from its previous life. Many coats of spray paint brought it into my palette. 

The philodendron Basket garden was a gift from beloved Alvin, in honor of my mother. Over 2 years later, it's still thriving. 

No comments: